LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
Prospective students whose native language is not English must have college-level English proficiency to study in UNAD Florida. Demonstrated English proficiency is also a graduation requirement.
English language proficiency may be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST APPROVAL
Undergraduate Degree: A minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 61 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 44 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report. A high school diploma completed at an accredited/recognized high school (where the language of instruction is English).
Graduate Degree: A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 50 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
2. Approval of B-1 (*) level from an English language learning program, like UNAD English course.
Additional options to comply with the English proficiency admission requirement:
- -. Proof of approval of an advanced level of an English course from another institution.
- -. Students who completed high school, undergraduate or graduate studies in the United States or other English-speaking countries.
- -. Undergraduate students with 30 semester credit hours from a properly licensed college/university where the language instruction was English (Transfer Students).
- -. Approve the English courses offered by UNAD Florida within the first two academic terms. UNAD Florida do not advice to take more than 3 extra credits while fulfilling the requirement.