At UNAD we believe:
- In the restorative power of values, ethics, respect, discipline, debate, conciliation between the members of our university community and other social actors in the country.
- In the strength that generates in people the integration of professional and human quality as a result of a reticular and intelligent work.
- In the need to qualify our students, teachers, tutors, advisers and officials at all levels to achieve an equitable, fair and enterprising society.
- That our institutional commitment is to promote respect as a basic element for personal and professional self-realization.
- In the creative potential, in the critical attitude, in the hard and honest work of our university community.
- In the "Education for all": in any place and moment of life, fundamental for the prosperity of all.
- In the institutional excellence and in the capacity of our graduates to generate progress.
- In freedom action, thought, worship and political ideas as pillars for peaceful coexistence, solidarity and tolerance.
- In the idea that our rights must be the result of the proper exercise of our duties.
- In the importance of working so that social projection and research generate better living conditions
UNAD Florida education seeks to instill and develop in the students the following dimensions:
- Ethics, Social Responsibility, Sustainability (environmental, cultural, technological, economic, financial)
- Economic Development, Entrepreneurship
- Interdisciplinary Thinking and Integration of Knowledge
- Critical Thinking
- Quantitative Thinking
- Global Dimension (global cultures, religions, political, legal and economic systems, languages)
- Information Technology